Sunday, October 23, 2011

I created subpages with thumbnails gadget for Google Sites

I searched for a while and did not find any Google Sites gadget that can dynamically list subpages with thumbnails, just like window explorer shows image files in its thumbnail view mode, finally I decided to create the first one in the world for Ladies' Town (www.ladiestown.net). I spent a few hours for coding and adjusting, and now it is on www.ladiestown.net. It works as good as what I want, please check it out at http://www.ladiestown.net/Cookings,  this page is a good demo of thumbnails with titles on bottom, off course I can simply change the title position setting to show titles on right side.

I don't know how subpages listing gadget gets subpage information, this gadget retrieve subpages' meta data from Google Feed and listing them thumbnails created with the first image of each subpage. It has a few settings to allow me to setup the thumbnail size, subpage title positions, etc. (see the screenshot below).

I did not publish it to Google gadget store, I may do it if I see many people really need it. Currently please add yourself into my friend list and post comments below if you want to try it.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, can you please supply a link to this gadget or the source code?
    Thanks In advance
    Amirb

    ReplyDelete